Well, I just looked at my stitching goals for 2008, and I laughed out loud! This list perhaps wouldn’t have been so laughable had I not gotten pregnant and had a baby this year…but either way, I’m “proud” to say that I completed exactly NONE of my written-out stitching goals for 2008! Impressive, I know. And again, just for embarrassment and posterity sake, I give you the 2008 goals (failures!):
1. Complete Red Thread Snappers
2. Complete LK Doubles
3. Stitch at least 6 Christmas ornaments
4. Complete the my remaining 6 LK Flip-It Blocks (May-Oct)
5. Complete and finish at least 1 stocking
6. Complete O Beautiful-Shepherd’s Bush
7. Complete Quaker Samplings
8. Complete Shepherd’s Bush Monthly Musings (I have 7 left…I think)
9. End the year with less WIPs than I started it with (I don’t know the actual number right now…mostly because I’m too embarrased to admit what it is…but I will count soon and “own up” to the real number!)
Now, again, having a baby put quite a damper on these goals, as I didn’t stitch for approximately 6 months this year!
Now for my goal for 2009:
1. HAVE fun stitching with no pressure!
Yep, that’s it. Between working full time and two kiddos under 3, I don’t need any more pressure. So, the goal for 2009 is to stitch whatever I what, when I want. That’s it. Maybe someday those ’08 goals will be completed, and when they are, you can bet that you’ll see a post about it!
I am participating in the Peppermint Twist SAL this year, so that is the only thing that I’m “committing” to. I’d also like to start Quaker Christmas this year.
Oh, and I’m not going to make any crazy quotes, like, oh I’m going to stitch only from my stash, or I’m not going to get any new stash…that’s just setting myself up for more failure 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, goals are great. I have goals for many things in other areas of life. I’ve just decided that this year, my hobby will not be so “serious” as to have formal goals.
And with that, I wish all of you a very Happy New Year! I hope that you truly enjoy every stitch in 2009 🙂