First I want to say a big thank you (with apology for forgetting your name last week!) to Emily of the Fibretown Podcast. She sent me the Shield Maiden shawl that she designed and I have neglected for a while now to say thank you!
- #suburbankirbyrose KAL is ending August 31. Please make sure that if you are participating you post your FOs in the appropriate threads. Prizes will be drawn after the end of the KAL. On that note…the next #suburbankirbyrose kit will be available sometime in September. The theme is Halloween!
- New KAL: craft for YOUR cause KAL. This is basically an expansion of the TEALtember KAL that I had last year. There will be 3 ways to earn entries this year. First, post a FO pic of your FO. Second, donate to your cause and take a pic as proof. Third, advertise/promote/educate your cause and post a pic as proof. More details to follow!
FO: Cloud Illusions by Boo Knits. Seriously love this shawl!
- Zombody Doodle Dandy socks.
- Portico shawl
- Fluormania sock (yellow and green)
- SpunRightRound 80/20 sock in the Prism Escape colorway
Up and Coming: I’m starting (tomorrow!) the Mayapple shawl by Dee O’Keefe. I’ve started a thread in the Suburban Stitcher group on ravelry as a support for this shawl KAL. This is super laid back, no pressure KAL with some friends. If you are at all interested in this shawl, please FEEL FREE to join us as we knit this shawl together. If you are an instagram user, you can tag with #mayapplekal.