Around Your Neck KAL
If you are looking for all the info you can find about the Around Your Neck KAL, then you are in the right spot!
The Around your Neck KAL will run from June 1, 2015 until August 31, 2015. This is a KAL for anything you would wear around your neck…so basically…if it’s in the “neck” category of accessories in Ravelry…it counts. You can also use this as a WIP finishing KAL, so as long as you don’t bind off before 12:00 AM your time on June 1, and you finish before midnight your time Aug 31, it counts! This is also a very “cheater” friendly KAL…meaning you are welcome, and encouraged, to enter these finished objects into as many summer KALs as possible! Earn all the prizes!
Prizes (and there will be many!) will be awarded based on points…i.e. the prizes will go to those who earn the most points. Here’s how you earn them:
- 1 point awarded for every 250 yds you finish.
- 1 point awarded for using sponsor items (pattern, yarn, stitch markers, bag, etc). There must be photo evidence of use…i.e. an in progress pic of you with the stitch markers on your project, in the bag, etc. Once you have used an item, it cannot be used for another project.
- 2 points awarded for “platinum” sponsors (Suburban Stitcher bags and Must Stash yarn). Because we’re hosting the KAL…we reserve the right to let you earn more points for using our wares.
A few days before June 1, I will open the Official Finished Object thread in the Suburban Stitcher Ravelry group. You will “claim” a spot in this thread and edit the thread with your finished objects. You must have picture proof of all items you are using to earn points (bag, stitch markers, etc.). You are responsible for keeping track of your points in the thread. I will not be able to add up points for you at the end of August, so if you forget to enter FOs, or tally up your points, I apologize, but I will only be able to award points based on your totals. For points for yardage, this is a running total…so you can just keep track of all yardage that you finish throughout the KAL and you will get points for your cumulative yardage.
Please, if you have questions, again, do not hesitate to contact me ASAP with questions. This KAL is for Y’ALL, so I want to make sure that all of the rules are clear and easy to understand.
SPONSORS for this amazing KAL are:
(and this list will be updated as I receive new donations/sponsorships):
- Allison LoCicero/Freckles & Purls
- Ann Budd
- Birch Grove
- Blue Robots
- C.C. Almon/JavaPurl
- Freckled Whimsy
- Infinite Twist
- Jennifer Lassonde/Boston Jen
- knottygnome crafts
- LFK Stitch Markers
- Magic Junie Sews
- Must Stash Yarn (platinum sponsor)
- Sara Lozzi
- Sarah’s Cotton Patch
- Studio in the Green
- Suburban Stitcher (platinum sponsor)
- Susanna IC
If you are interested in sponsoring the KAL, please do not hesitate to contact me ASAP. You are welcome to message me on Ravelry (dbbstitch), or email me (dianne @ suburbanstitcher . com). I look forward to working with you soon!